OXYLED MD50 LED Flashlight Review
A flashlight is also called “torch” outside North America, and this gadget evolves tremendously the past decade. The OXYLED MD50 LED Flashlight is one of the brands of flashlight that went from ordinary incandescent bulb into the top-of-the-line LED technology to light its “path”.
Basically a handheld flashlight, the MD50 was first introduced into the market sometime in April 2014. Since then, it became one of the sought-after brands by customers who want quality and durability, aside from being reliable during emergencies and outdoor recreations.
Find out the best in OXYLED MD50 and know why it is popular among users around the globe. Here’s why:
1. 5-Modes Selection
This flashlight has 5 fully functional and flawless mode selections that you could utilize in succession. The 5 modes are as follows: High-Medium-Low-Strobe-SOS (emergency signal). The first 3 are much brighter compared to other handheld torches. The LED use in this product is the CREE 500 Lumen that could provide hours of continuous light. The beam is zoom able by turning the upside head until you reach the desired zooming distance.
2. Dual-battery Option
The MD50 operates with a dual-battery option, wherein you can select on what of type of battery you are compatible with or whichever is available. The different types of battery can be utilized one at a time. The torch can be used with 3 units of size AAA alkaline batteries or one 18650-type Lithium-ion, which comes free with this package.
The batteries are virtually protected by a built-in circuit that protects the cells from over-charging and over-discharging, these both give safety to users and save more on consuming electricity from domestic grid.
This flashlight uses one lithium-ion battery type 18650. The package comes with a li-ion battery holder and an AC 110-240v compatible charger with charging base, so you don’t have to worry if your country is 110 or 240v ready.
4. IPX-6 Waterproof Standard
The MD50 LED Flashlight conforms to the IPX-6 Waterproof Standard (heavy splashing and rain) on which water will not seep through the segments. This property is attained because the battery compartment and other parts are sealed with durable O-Rings so tight water could not penetrate. In this manner, the flashlight is guaranteed to last a lifetime as its interior parts will not corrode.
Practically small, this product boasts of having one of the most portability among the same types of flashlight in the market. This palm-size torch is so convenient to hand-carry anywhere and anytime. Basically smaller than a Maglite, the unit’s dimensions are as follows: 5.31in. (Length) X 1.57 in. (diameter) and weighs only 6.63 ounces.
6. Quality Materials
The flashlight is made from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, with premium quality (type 3), toughened and hard-anodized in clear finish and coated with anti-abrasive. The glass lens uses state-of-the-art technology to make it clearer with anti-reflective coating maximizing the beam delivery by more than 98%. The lens does not retain moisture even when used in heavy rain or snow fall. It just never gets blurry any time it is utilized.
7. Long Life LED
The CREE 500 Lumen is a breakthrough in engineering as this type of LED could maintain 50,000 hours of lighting continuity. That’s a lot of time, indeed!
Pros & Cons
- Large-area Illumination: The beam of this flashlight could cover a large area similar to a spotlight while using one of the modes, this coverage is ideal for searches in pitch black situation.
- Compact Construction: Primarily small and compact, the MD50 could be easily gripped with one hand and the chance of falling off from the palm is so remote.
- White Tube Included: The package includes the ever useful white tube which primarily use to fix the 18650 battery in the torch.
- No Blind Spot on Beam: This flashlight uses LED as bulb; hence the beam does not create a blind spot in the center unlike ordinary incandescent bulb torches.
- Very Low Price: Compared to other brands, the OXYLED MD50 is so affordable but quality is not sacrificed.
- AAA Size Alkaline Batteries not Included: The battery type 18650 (lithium-ion) comes free with the package, however, the alkaline type with size AAA is not included but it could be ordered from the same dealer.
- Though Waterproof, Not Submersible in Water: This product is waterproof from rainfall no matter how heavy it could be, unfortunately, this is not advisable to be submerge in water. So, better be careful with those pools of water during rainy days or the water in your tub.
Touted as Amazon’s best-seller in the handheld flashlight category and with few negligible issues, the OXYLED MD50 LED Flashlight has proven itself why it remains on top of the Amazon’s best-seller list. The simplicity of its construction and low price but packed with enormous features makes it more attractive to users. Now, you know why.